The Distributed Systems and Ledgers Lab is part of the IFS Institute for Software at the HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil, University of Applied Sciences in Rapperswil, Switzerland.
We focus on applied research with the newest technology, innovative design and strong engineering in all aspects of distributed systems, including blockchains. We recognize the importance of open communication between industry, institutions, start-ups, and students.
The DSL lab is striving to expand the frontier of innovation in this field by fostering productive discussion and collaboration, supplemented with ground-breaking applied scientific progress.
- Bazo is a permissionless blockchain to test and evaluate mechanisms such as proof-of-stake or sharding. Bazo is a research blockchain with the main goal of testing new algorithms and mechanisms.
- TomP2P is a peer-to-peer library that implements a DHT and offers other features as well. The latest version is fully encrypted and can traverse NATs and firewalls.
- ICOnator is an easy, secure, configurable, and scalable open source ICO engine. It is a Spring Boot application that uses message queues for scalability.
Bazo Workshop, 28.11.2018, 13:30 - 18:00
NEO Blockchain Hackathon
(30.10.2018) On the 03.11.2018 - 04.11.2018, NEO is organizing a hackathon in Zurich. First prize is 500 NEO, second 450 GAS, third (3 teams) 300 GAS. Register here and meet other blockchain developers for a weekend full of learning, sharing and networking. One of the judges will be Erik Zhang co-founder of NEO.
Blockchain Tutorial @CNSM in Rome
(09.10.2018) On the 09.11.2018, Roman Blum will give a blockchain tutorial at the CNSM in Rome. The program can be found here. Roman Blum is a blokchain researcher at the Distributed Systems and Ledgers Lab at HSR.
Services and Partners
Working together with institutions, companies, and start-ups, we provide the following services. For further information, please contact: thomas.bocek(at)hsr.ch:
- Code reviews, including smart contracts
- Prototype and MVP development
- Operations support
- Training and education
- Technical advisory
Blockchain researcher and Professor at HSR Rapperswil, thomas.bocek(at)hsr.ch
Blockchain researcher and Master student at HSR Rapperswil, roman.blum(at)hsr.ch